Obligé by nature & Dr. Petit
Dr. Paul F. Petit is the founder of Oblige By Nature (natural organic personal care products), Phybiosis (our sister company; focusing on medicinal remedies) and Naprodis (our parent company and distributor of all products that we sell). Dr. Petit was a former family care physician in France, specializing in Naturopathy (natural remedies such as herbs and foods vs. drugs and surgery). All of his life he has been involved in natural health care -- first as a child, under the care of his father, Dr. Maurice S. Petit, and later as a physician himself, caring for patients in a family practice in France. Dr. Petit is also a Chiropractic Doctor, Clinical Psychologist and the only Pelotherapist (specialist in natural clays for therapeutic purposes) that we know of in the United States.
Dr. Petit's experience and knowledge in natural health care is unrivaled. He is a much sought after lecturer and has also been published and interviewed on television on such topics as: Phytotherapy (therapeutic use of herbal medicines), Balneotherapy (treatment of disease by bathing in mineral waters), Pelotherapy (therapeutic use of natural clays), Aromatherapy (therapeutic use of essential oils), Chiropractie (diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disorders of the musculoskeletal system) and Naturopathy (diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease with diet and therapeutic use of natural remedies such as herbs).
For our products Dr. Petit is committed to using only the finest natural and organic ingredients and essential oils that he has sourced from all over the world. These sources go back as far as 40 years ago, when his father, a pioneer of natural health care, first started to locate the suppliers of raw materials for ingredients.
What distinguishes Obligé By Nature from other lines of personal care and skin care products?
1. Oblige By Nature was developed by a French doctor and Naturopath who specializes in health and personal care derived from natural sources: plants and herbs, earth and sea. Dr. Paul Petit created his natural and organic personal care product line based on his 40+ years experience in natural health care.
2. We use the finest quality natural and ECOCERT or USDA certified organic ingredients. No synthetic chemicals, sulfates, petroleum-based by-products, parabens, phthalates, synthetic waxes, synthetic fragrances or GMO's are used. Ever.
3. Whenever possible, the naturally derived ingredients we use are ECOCERT approved for ecological & organic cosmetics.
4. We are one of the few personal care product manufacturers that have achieved some of the highest organic percentages in our products.
5. Our products are vegetarian and vegan friendly.
6. We do not use animal ingredients, test our products on animals or use ingredients or raw materials that have been tested on animals.
7. We work with small, individual farmers from all over the world who produce the finest natural and certified organic ingredients and raw materials. Dr. Petit's years of experience in natural health care has allowed him to research and hand-pick the ingredients that live up to his high standards and to create close personal relationships with the farmers.
8. We create our products by hand in small batches for maximum quality control and to ensure that you receive the freshest products possible.
9. We offer our customers a brand they can trust through every stage of production, processing and distribution right through to the consumer (you). These principles form the foundation of a brand to trust both in safe ingredients and ethical and environmental business practices.
10. Dr. Paul Petit is available to personally respond to all your personal care, skin care and product questions - Contact Us.
Our green program
Obligé By Nature has strong values in environmental responsibility and following the path of nature. We don't just "talk the talk". We "walk the walk". We implemented our Green Program several years ago which includes using recyclable containers for our products and the re-use of our shipping materials to minimize waste.
- We use recyclable amber colored glass bottles as much as possible for our products.
- The exception is with our shampoo and conditioners, body washes and body lotions. Since these products are typically used in the shower/bath area where items can be accidentally dropped, we feel that it is safer to use plastic bottles to prevent breakage. These bottles are amber colored recyclable plastic PET 1 pump bottles.
- A few of our products also come individually boxed. When this is the case, the cardboard boxes we use are environmentally friendly and made from recycled fibers.
- We re-use our corrugated boxes for shipping and pack the boxes with biodegradable packing "peanuts" to keep your products protected.
We will continue to look for ways to protect the environment and become more "green" with our products, packaging and our company operations.